Dreams in the making

College students have dreams of becoming successful individuals, and some have enough motivation, inspiration, or ambition to accomplish their dream. Not only that, but many people have limitations on how far they can go about their education. There are individuals that have a great desire to obtain a career and they cannot because of a barrier in the way of success. Financial status is a great part of that. Yes, there are plenty of scholarships and many loan opportunities, but the money could be limited or requirements that are failed to be met. “It’s funny, we dream about money so much its like we almost got it, until we reach up in our pockets, its time to face reality.” J. Cole (Jermaine Lamarr Cole), rapper and producer has inspired me in many ways. That is why many people work and go to school at the same time, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Just like there is nothing wrong with the illegal status of students here on campus. This, to me, seems like a huge obstacle set in front of students, yet they have made it far in their lives. There is a reason for them reaching this level in education, the reason varies among students, but it all comes from a dream. Young mothers carry more than one dream with them, they carry their own dream and one for their child. Women who become pregnant at a young age tend to think that their dreams have come to an end. They think that they can no longer achieve everything that they had planned for themselves. Being a young mother only means that the time period to achieve a dream may be different than what was originally planned. It simply makes work twice as hard to get where desired. It’s about sleepless nights, school or work throughout the day that make it harder to reach the dream, but they are still working toward their dream. Students that do not have these barriers may still have other that are relatively different, but they should always work hard. No one said it was going to be an easy life. In my perspective, as long as you are working towards reaching your goal, all the effort put in should count. Even if it takes a longer process to reach your goal, you still have to do whatever it takes. No one should give up on a dream no matter the situation; regardless of the situation you are in, the effort you put in you will always receive an output.