SCCC to host acoustic band

ilyAIMY, an acoustic grunge band, will perform at 7 p.m. Oct. 16 in the Seward County Community College Showcase Theatre. A masters class will take place at 4 p.m. in the college band room. Admission is free and all are welcome, according to music instructor Darin Workman, who has organized the appearance. Rob Hinkal, singer/songwriter and guitar player for the group, explained the music style. “I like to call our music acoustic grunge because it’s really, really passionate, kind of loud and a bit growly.” This group has been together for 13 years and their first CD took place in Los Angeles, CA. This band likes to perform at colleges, and hosting a master class to provide opportunity to answer questions from the public. The group spends half the year touring, it has two studio records and one live record The band consists of singer/songwriter, Hinkal, Heather Lloyd, guitar player and drummer, Kristen Jones, singer and electric cello player, as well as two others who are not on this tour, Sharif Kellogg, pianist, and Rowen Corbett, percussionist. “I really enjoy the communication through music that I have with my band mates,” Hinkal said. The start of “ilyAIMY” was in the hands of Hinkal. When he was in college, he and three other friends began performing as a band called “I Love You and I Miss You.” After they all graduated and went separate ways, Hinkal took it upon himself to keep one fourth of the letters in the name since he was one fourth of the band. That is how he created “ilyAIMY.”

ilyAIMY acoustic band guitar players performs at one of their gigs.  Courtesy photo
ilyAIMY acoustic band guitar players performs at one of their gigs.
Courtesy photo