Lady Saints lock with Garden City for second place

The Lady Saints have only a limited number of games left this season to determine if they are going to the playoffs. Standing with a record of 28-7, 5-3, some of the players have really improved. Sydney Cicchetti has been pitching well in her games, and she had and outstanding game when she helped the Lady Saints with a 6-0 win, defeating the Western Nebraska cougers on March 27. “She’s become a leader and she has learned her strengths and weaknesses,” said head coach of the Lady Saints, Andrea Gustafson. “We’re a good team, but just not good enough. We just need to focus more and play harder.” Leah Sitter is definitely taking her advice as she broke the all- time stolen base record. She has the record of 45 thefts in her career. She got her 45th steal when the Lady Saints went against the Lady Trojans. Jill Rodgers was named NJCAA player of the week when she hit .478, and hitting six doubles and 15 RBIs. She holds the record for .355 on the season ands played 34 gamesand batted 121 times, Hit 43 doubles and homeruns and RBIs for this season. On April 4 the Lady Saints went up against the Garden City Lady Broncbusters on a double header at the Lady Saints softball field. In the first game, the Lady Broncbusters got two runs in the early innings. The Lady Saints came back with with seven runs in the rest of the game as Cicchetti stoped the Lady Broncbusters while she kept striking them out one by one. Breeana Diaz and Blanca Adame got in the last and final runs finishing the game with the score of 7-2. Later that day in the second game the Lady Saints didn’t get that look when the Brocbusters defeated them with the score of 15-11. Even though Michelle Duford had some good runs and Leah Sitter, Taylor McDougall and Monique Lopez followed her foot steps but it still wasn’t enough to walk out with the victory. They will be playing a make-up double header April 18 at Barton. The Lady Saints now hit the road with five games coming up in El Dorado. Their three games on April 9 start early vs. Maple Woods at 9 a.m., then they play Johnson City at 1 p.m. and finally play Conners State at 3 p.m.The next day they play Eastern Oklahoma and Crowder.

Monique Lopez fouls the ball when its her turn to bat during the Trinidad double header.The Lady Saints went off to win both games.