Plastic waste trashes the environment

The environment is being destroyed by metric tons of plastic that is just lying around in junkyards and across fields all over the world. As a cashier at Wal-Mart, I find myself concerned over the inevitable doom of the environment that looms in the future if everything stays the same as it is now. I use at least several hundred bags a day while working and that’s on a half-day. That’s just one way that plastic, which doesn’t deteriorate, is currently being used in tremendous amounts in modern day societies. It makes me wonder what will happen to the world in a couple of centuries if modern day societies don’t figure out a way to eliminate or heavily reduce plastic consumption per person. What’s worse, plastic is often eaten by wild animals that don’t know better. This can potentially increase the endangered species list by causing many creatures to die when they eat the indigestible substances of plastic. This can cause the environment to further plummet into chaos and cause increased damage to the suffering ecosystems of the world. There doesn’t seem to be anything we can do about it because our society is dependent on plastic just to function. At this rate, I don’t see any hope for the environment; pretty soon people will just be shipping plastic junk into the sun, but who knows what effects that could have on our solar system. Plastic isn’t even the only problem. Styrofoam produces potent toxins when it finally decomposes that it can destroy the soil’s ability to support life for a long time. At this point, I’m not sure if there’s anything that can be done about the environment, but maybe as it becomes a more pressing issue, humans may adapt and finally do something about the mass consumption of styrofoam and especially plastic.