Tammen from Timkin loves pups and purple

Janel Tammen is forward for the Seward County Lady Saints. She is a sophmore from Timkin, Kansas, where she attended Otis Bison High School. She led her high school team to the Sub-State Championship game.

As a freshman at Seward, Tammen played in every single game. She led the team in charges taken. She also shot 75 percent from the free throw line, making 30 out of 40 shots.

Tammen has one sister named Meghan, and three dogs named Josie, Pepper, and Penny. One is a beagle basset hound mix and the other two are straight mutts.

Tammen loves working on her family farm with her dad while she isn’t at school. During the summer, she and her dad have bonding time and work together on the farm. On the farm, the only animals they have are cows plus their three dogs.

Tammen is majoring in agricultural business. She doesn’t know what she plans on doing after Seward, but is waiting for the perfect opportunity to cross her path. She is “going to see what comes along the way.”

Tammen loves listening to music whenever she can. She loves all types of music, but her favorite type of music would have to be country. Florida Georgia Line is her favorite country band. “I really like their past two albums,” Tammen said.

Purple is Janel’s favorite color. She wants anything with the color purple. It always catches her eye.

Payton Fleming is also a sophomore for the Lady Saints. She said that Janel has a very outgoing personality. “Everytime I am with her, it is always a good time,” Fleming said.

Friends say Tammen is a fun and loving person to be around, and everyone should get the chance to talk to her and get to know her.

Crusader photo/ Jakub Stepanovic Janel Tammen moves the ball towards the basket in the winning game against the Fort Carson.
Crusader photo/ Jakub Stepanovic
Janel Tammen moves the ball towards the basket in the winning game against the Fort Carson.