Lady Saints split two against Colby

The Lady Saints have had a lot of games in the past month, including a trip to Phoenix, Ariz. during Spring Break. Their latest match was against Colby where they ended in a two game split.

Colby won the first game 10-0 and the Lady Saints took the second 17-0. Both game were blow outs due to weak pitching from both teams.

Some of Seward County’s Lady Saints have caught recognition for their accomplishments recently by the Kansas Jayhawk West Conference. Pitcher Brittney Sharkey recieved her third Pitcher of the Week, and first baseman Stephanie Mark was named Co-Player of the Week. Both Lady Saints have recieved conference honors before.

Over Spring Break the team did a lot of traveling and playing.

March 12 they faced Glendale and split. The following day they faced South Mountain to whom they lost, but the Lady Saints won their next game against Odessa. The Lady Saints won again against Chandler-Gilbert Coyotes in Coolidge on their final day in Arizona. Overall the 3-3 put the Lady Saints at 17-11.

The Lady Saints then faced the Lady Bulldogs at Clarendon, TX to which they lost both games, making the Saints 17-13.

The following game was at home and the ladies faced Garden City. Though there was some struggle with offense in the first game, the Lady Saints came back for the win and split making the results 18-14 overall.

March 22 the Lady Saints faced Barton in a home game and had a back-to-back win with assistance from pitcher Brittney Sharkey. This was the team’s first double header sweep since March 3. The Lady Saints are now 21-17.

Crusader photo/Jose Medrano Lady Saint Sierra Tadiarca waits for hit during the Lady Saints second game against Colby. The Lady Saints split the two games, Colby won the first 10-0 and the Lady Saints won the second 17-0.
Crusader photo/Jose Medrano
Lady Saint Sierra Tadiarca waits for hit during the Lady Saints second game against Colby. The Lady Saints split the two games, Colby won the first 10-0 and the Lady Saints won the second 17-0.

Crusader photo/Jose Medrano Lady Saint Marissa Chavez, No. 15 hits during the Lady Saints double header against Colby March 27.
Crusader photo/Jose Medrano
Lady Saint Marissa Chavez, No. 15 hits during the Lady Saints double header against Colby March 27.