Lady Saints softball in undefeated spree

The Lady Saints have been bringing their game to the bases since the being of their season. The ladies in green have been undefeated for their last five games. The Sunday trip to Lamar, Colo., was well worth it for the Lady Saints; they brought home their fifth consecutive win and two were against Lamar Community College alone. In their final five innings the against Lamar, the Lady Saints were up 14-4 and 18-5, leaving little to no chance for their opponent to make enough runs to produce a win. Freshman Kennedy Brunson shared that the team did really well throughout their 14 innings against Lamar. “Offensively, our bats were hot consistently,” Brunson said. “Our pitchers did a great job in controlling the game and staying ahead in both games.” Brunson also mentioned that “despite the cold weather,” the team went out ready to play and stayed focused. For the Lady Saints, there is no particular team that they look forward to playing, explained Brunson. “We look forward to playing each team equally, but most importantly we approach every team as a challenge of bettering ourselves every opportunity we get.” Altogether, the team had 33 hits and 32 runs in their 14 innings played combined Sunday. By the second inning of the first game, the Lady Saints had a 7-0 advantage on the Lady ’Lopes, and two innings later Seward had kept the Lady ’Lopes in check with a score of 8-0. Their second game against the Lady ’Lopes was no different from the start. By the third inning, the Seward had closed the score to 16-2 with RBIs from Danielle Orr, Vanessa Oakden, Joe-Ann Rapoza and Megan Armstrong to leave a 14-point lead between them and the Lady ’Lopes. In game two, Seward made a season high of 22 hits and the consistency that Brunson mention was achieved through every starter making a hit.

Baseball and Softball 022015