Cast prepares for outer space play

The production “Return to the Forbidden Planet” will be in the Showcase Theatre April 23-25, blasting off with several actors who include students and community members. Some students that will be part of this cast are freshman Olivia Hamilton as a crewmember, and sophomore Sherelle Shuck as Miranda. Cast members seem excited to be part of this show set in outer space. “It’s such a different musical than I’ve ever heard of, set in outer space and everything, it sounded really fun,” Shuck said. “I’ve been in theatre for 20 years and this is a completely different musical from what I’ve ever seen or been part of,” said Joshua Hinton, who will be playing Doctor Prospero. Hamilton encourages people to come and see the performance, as “it’s not something you’d see just anywhere.” Shuck also encouraged students to attend the event. “Let yourself take the opportunity to experience something different,” Shuck said. The audience will be able to enjoy a feel of “Star Trek” that “draws various Shakespearean puns” as Jessica Malin, who plays Bosun Arras, described. All of this makes it “very appealing to all age groups” according to director and theatre instructor Gloria Goodwin. “I have great talent in this show,” Goodwin said, referring to the actors of this musical.

Return-to-Forbidden-Planet