Volleyball coach is set for Lady Saints

Thais Baziquetto-Allen is the new assistant volleyball coach for the Lady Saints. She is from Guarulhos, Sao Paulo, Brazil. Her being from Brazil is very convenient since there are three women from Brazil on the Lady Saints Volleyball team. While she was in Brazil, Baziquetto-Allen played at the highest level that she could. She then came to America to further not only her studies but also to extend on her possibilities to remain in volleyball. She attended Western New Mexico University where she played volleyball. During her senior year there, she was named to the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference All-Academic team. As time went on, Baziquetto-Allen was the former volleyball coach at Liberal High School. She coached at LHS for four years, with winning seasons. There she helped build strong girls with a strong sense of unity as the Redskins defended their home court with many wins. She has coached teams for the Volleyball Club and helped with Kids Inc. Volleyball as well. She is a very big asset when it comes to being on the court, and influences others to do the same. Seward will not be the first college where she has coached. Before LHS, Baziquetto-Allen was the assistant coach and also the strength and conditioning instructor at Lamar Community College. While she was at Lamar, she helped lead her team to 26 wins for the season. Baziquetto-Allen has already begun to work with the Lady Saints team, preparing them for a successful season this fall. She leads a busy life as she works at the local high school during the day and runs practices with the Lady Saints at night.

thais