Changes are made to the Greenhouse

September 12, 2018

Seward County Community College recently upgraded the Greenhouse over the summer of 2018. The gym now has a new digital scoreboard and got a new set of bleachers.

The new scoreboard was put to use for the first during a Lady Saints Volleyball game on Saturday, Sept. 1.

“It was really cool. The new scoreboard had videos of the players that started. They played the videos when they called on the player,” Monica Gonzales, freshman general education major who saw the scoreboard in action, said.

“The scoreboard is dope! But the seats are way more comfortable and don’t make as much noise. It gives the gym a nice touch,” Javier Morales, freshman criminal justice major, said.

The new bleachers are all black instead of wood and gives a different aesthetic to the Greenhouse. The SCCC Athletic Department raised funds to give this makeover to the gym.

“The fundraiser started in November. By July, we were able to start the project,” Ian Applegate, Assistant Director of Athletics for Communications, said.

“The bleachers are not as old, this way it is much safer, and we won’t get sued if a student ends up hurting themselves trying to walk on the bleachers,” Applegate added.

The Greenhouse’s new bleachers and scoreboard will be back in use on Wednesday, September 12 at 6:30 p.m. for a Lady Saints Volleyball game against Dodge City Community College. Come and support the Lady Saints and get a chance to see the new upgrades in the Greenhouse.

Photo of Alondra Botello
Alondra Botello, Reporter (Fall Semester)

Alondra Botello was born in Houston, Texas and moved to Kansas when she was 10. She has traveled to California and Las Vegas....

Photo of Amberley Taylor
Amberley Taylor, Editor

Amberley Taylor loves to design and be creative. Whether it's a graphic or a webpage, she wants the reader to be pulled into...