Cyara Heredia

Liberal - Major: Philosophy

January 27, 2020

Cyara Heredia was crowned Miss Teen Kansas 2020 in Lawrence recently. The sophomore will now advance to the Miss Teen USA 2020 competition in the spring.

A pageant veteran — she has won titles in the Miss Kansas Jr. High and Collegiate America Pageant — Heredia received a $2,500 cash award and other many prizes as reigning Miss Teen Kansas.

Crusader caught up the Miss Teen Kansas to find out more about her:

Why did you choose philosophy as your major?

It gives you a new outlook on life and law.

Why did you decide to attend Seward County Community College ? 

I attended SCCC because it’s right at home and I think it’s a smart idea to attend a two year college first so you can “dip your toes” in the college experience.

Preston Burrows

Where do you plan to transfer after?

I have two schools in mind, either Pittsburg State University or University of Kansas. Pitt State has a flat rate tuition, but KU has a great law program.

Where do you see yourself in five years?

I will probably be finishing up law school and the next step would be searching for a job. Hopefully I will be able to add traveling to my schedule while still practicing law.

Who is your biggest role model?

My biggest role model is Ellen Degeneres because of her ability to add humor to any situation. She also loves to give back to her fans.

How did you prepare for Miss Kansas Teen USA? 

I worked extremely hard by going on strict diets and training at the gym. I also worked on being more calm during my interviews. All the hard work paid off because now I am the new Miss Kansas Teen USA.    

Photo of Elvis Polvon
Elvis Polvon, Reporter

Elvis Polvon is an 18-year-old freshman majoring in journalism. Elvis is also a Liberal local who would love to work for...

Photo of Preston Burrows
Preston Burrows, Features Editor

Preston Burrows is an 18-year-old sophomore at SCCC, who was born in Johnson City. He attended Rolla High School until he...

Crusader News • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in