Mary Ramirez

Sitting outside the library, Jessica Erives hangs out between classes. The pre-med major has lived in Kansas for most of her life.

Jessica Erives

Major: Pre-Med — Hometown: Liberal 

August 27, 2020

Where are you from?

Jessica Erives hangs out a lot in the library. She spends her time studying to keep up her grades. (Mary Ramirez)

I am from Liberal and have been here most of my life, but I also lived in Nebraska for four years.

What is your major?

I am majoring in pre-med. It’s been good so far, given the current situation with COVID-19.

What are you doing to adapt to the changes brought about by COVID-19?

I am doing a lot of computer work, but most of my help comes from YouTube videos because I struggle to retain information from class. I learn better as a hands on person

What do you do in your free time?

I work out and I have a child to take care of.

Why did you choose to come back to college?

My son, who is 23 years old, is now making progress in college and that inspired me to come back and finish my schooling.

What year in college are you?

First year, finishing out. Guess that makes me a sophomore.

Family is what inspires Jessica Erives. They are her biggest supporters as she pursues her dream. (Courtesy Photo – Jessica Erives)
Photo of Jaylon Essix
Jaylon Essix, Reporter

Jaylon Essix is a freshman Computer Science major. He graduated from Satanta Jr-Sr High School and plans to finish his general...

Photo of Mary Ramirez
Mary Ramirez, Reporter

Mary Ramirez is a sophomore majoring in Behavioral Science with hopes of becoming a child therapist. Her hobbies include...

Crusader News • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in