El Pastorcito

November 29, 2021

El Pastorcito taco truck is the big dog over all of the other taco trucks in Liberal. It’s one of the original trucks and is often called by locals, “Mexican Sonic.” Their prices, food and drinks are sold at a reasonable price and are very delicious, depending on what you get and like. The food comes out fresh, hot and packaged nicely.

The al Pastor taco is a customer favorite and we can see why it was very flavorful. Our real favorite, however, was Asada (steak). This one comes with small cubes of seasoned steak, cilantro and onions. The choice of red or green sauce tops off the simple street food. Saskia Vogelzang, a sophomore mass communications major, thought it had a good taste. It was her first time trying taco trucks and she was surprised at the burst of fresh flavor that cilantro and lime added.

One of the weirder tacos we tried was the Lengua or beef tongue. It tasted funky. The texture of shredded meat didn’t sit well. I’d never get them again, but then again, IF I didn’t know it was tongue before I ate it, I might have a different opinion.

We give this truck a 7/10 rating. While the food was good, we counted off for how long it took to get the food. We’d also warn anyone that does not speak Spanish that it might be a little difficult to order off the menu if there are no pictures to point at.

Photo of Saskia Vogelzang
Saskia Vogelzang, Reporter

Saskia Vogelzang is a 19 year old sophomore born in Utrecht, The Netherlands. She's majoring in Mass Communication after...

Photo of Mary Ramirez
Mary Ramirez, Reporter

Mary Ramirez is a sophomore majoring in Behavioral Science with hopes of becoming a child therapist. Her hobbies include...