SCCC prepares for spring musical

January 30, 2018

The Seward County Community College Theatre department is hosting auditions for their spring musical, “You’re a good man, Charlie Brown [Revised].” Auditions will take place on Wednesday, Jan. 31 and Thursday, Feb. 1 from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the SCCC Showcase Theater.

The musical, based on the comic strip “Peanuts,” by Charles M. Schulz is like the famous cartoon, which shows the adventures of the boy, Charlie Brown, trying to make it through each day.

Theater instructor and director of the musical, Michele Van Hessen, is excited for the upcoming musical and what it will bring to the community.

“The song are just absolutely fabulous. It’s a very fun musical,” Van Hessen said.

Auditions that take place will be for the parts of: Sally Brown, Lucy Van Pelt, Snoopy, Charlie Brown and Linus Van Pelt, along with a chorus for the music. Everyone wanting to audition is asked to sing a song of their choice.

The spring play will make its appearance on Thursday, April 12 and Friday, April 13 at 7 p.m. and the matinee will be on Saturday, April 14 at 3 p.m. in the Showcase Theater.

Angelica Alfaro

Amberley Taylor, Co-Editor
Amberley Taylor was born in Garden City, Kansas. She was raised for most of her life in Satanta, but has lived in other places like: Durango, Colorado and Farmington, New Mexico. Amberley is a nursing major at Seward County Community College. After her years here, she plans to transfer to a university and continue pursuing...
Angelica Alfaro, Club Reporter
Angelica Alfaro is an 19-year-old girl who was born and raised in Liberal, Kansas. She’s from a small town, but loves the big city and traveling. She has family in California and El Salvador which makes it easy to travel. Angelica’s hobbies include reading, biking and simply spending time with her friends. Binge-watching shows on...