Jose Caraballo, freshman shortstop, tags a runner out on second base after the runner got caught in a run down. SCCC split the double header with Garden City with scores of 1-15 and 10-8. (Rubi Gallegos)
Jose Caraballo, freshman shortstop, tags a runner out on second base after the runner got caught in a run down. SCCC split the double header with Garden City with scores of 1-15 and 10-8.

Rubi Gallegos

Baseball splits with Garden

April 24, 2018

The Seward County Community College Saints baseball team captured their first conference win against the Garden City Broncbusters on Monday, April 23. The Saints were run-ruled by a score of 15-1 in the first game, but came back to win the second game by a score of 10-8. Saints baseball will be back in action on Tuesday, April 24 against Clarendon College, beginning at 3 p.m. at Brent Gould Field.

Rubi Gallegos
Sophomore Jordan Pepper was called in for relief during the first game of SCCC’s double header against Garden City. The Saints were run ruled 15-1 and used four pitchers in an effort to shut down their opponents.

Rubi Gallegos
Sophomore, Cole Bergdall gets a runner out on second before looking to get a double play and throwing towards first base.
Rubi Gallegos
Freshman, Cayde Ward stretches to catch a ball and get a runner out on first.

Photo of Amberley Taylor
Amberley Taylor, Editor

Amberley Taylor loves to design and be creative. Whether it's a graphic or a webpage, she wants the reader to be pulled into...

Photo of Rubi Gallegos
Rubi Gallegos, Photo Editor

Margarita "Rubi" Gallegos is a freshman majoring in Digital Photography. She was born in Tierra Blanca, Guanajuato, Mexico...