El Pastorcito and Las Delicias

December 3, 2018

Michelle Mattich

At las delicias, a taco plate is $6 and comes with five tacos, salsa and limon.

The first truck we hit was El Pastorcito, where we ordered 5 tacos of carne asada. These tacos came with avocado slices as toppings but not onions or cilantro, which we had asked for on the side but didn’t end up getting. They gave us lemon and sauces though, to add if we liked.

The taste of these tacos were good, they had a good home made taste to them and good seasoning like carne asada should be. They were greasy but juicy and not dry! The tortilla was perfect, they wrapped them with two small tortillas which were warm and also not dry. The avocado added an extra flavor that I don’t usually add, but we loved it! The lemon and sauces added extra flavoring as well, which I recommend.

We got this plate for $5.00, that means each taco would be a dollar. This is a perfect go-to option if you’re trying to stay on a budget or spend less than $10.00.

Next, we stopped by Las Delicias taco truck on pancake. There, we ordered one plate of 5 tacos de pastor. These tacos came with onion and cilantro with green and red sauce. These tacos are my favorite classic tacos to get at any taco truck, but here we were a tad bit disappointed.

The meat needed a bit more seasoning. The tortilla was also not as moist as the other taco trucks tortillas and as Anastasia describes it, “they were hard to swallow.” I enjoyed them with the sauce and toppings but I do believe the meat could have been more tasteful.

This plate was $5.00 as well, which also makes each taco a dollar. Both places are budget friendly and under $10.00.

So the winner of this taco competition would be El Pastorcito. Their tacos are the better of the two that we tried and are not so hard to swallow! I would recommend going there for your lunch or study break throughout your schedule or if you just wanna go and try tacos for fun!

Photo of Anastasia Smalldridge
Anastasia Smalldridge, Club Photographer

Anastasia Smalldridge is a freshman and graduated from Liberal High School in 2018. You can spot Smalldridge easily with...

Photo of Annette Meza
Annette Meza, Managing Editor

Annette Meza is a sophomore journalism major. She is 19 years old and was born and raised in Liberal. In her free time, she...

Photo of Monica Gonzalez
Monica Gonzalez, Social Media Director

Monica Gonzalez is a 19-year-old sophomore who loves to travel and take sports photos. While at Seward, she has realized...

Photo of Rubi Gallegos
Rubi Gallegos, Photo Editor

Margarita "Rubi" Gallegos is a freshman majoring in Digital Photography. She was born in Tierra Blanca, Guanajuato, Mexico...

Photo of Michelle Mattich
Michelle Mattich, Managing Editor

Michelle Mattich was born in El Paso, Texas She enjoys writing, and listening to music. She also enjoys reading a good book...