SCCC Baseball vs Northeastern

February 8, 2018

The Seward County College baseball team split the first two games out of four versus Northeastern Junior College on Thursday, Feb. 8 with scores of 0-9 and 10-9. The Saints will finish out the four-game series against Northeastern on Friday, Feb. 9 at 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. in Liberal. So far, the Saints baseball team is 5-2 this season.

Rubi Gallegos
Freshman Braeden Gould strikes out his opponent in the beginning of the matchup against Northeastern. Gould is RHP (right hand pitcher) for SCCC Men’s Baseball team.

Angel Meza
Dylan Paul jokes with his teammates after nearly hitting a home run during the first inning.

Angel Meza
Sophomore Dylan Paul swings at the ball and falls short to hit a home run during the first inning.
So far, Paul is having a .167 batting average. Previous season, Paul finished the season with a
.363 batting average.

Yesenia Soto
Dylan Paul attempts to slide to stay safe in the first game of the four-game series versus Northeastern.

Amberley Taylor, Co-Editor

Amberley Taylor was born in Garden City, Kansas. She was raised for most of her life in Satanta, but has lived in other places like: Durango, Colorado and Farmington, New Mexico. Amberley is a nursing major at Seward County Community College. After her time at SCCC, she plans to transfer to a university.

Angel Meza, Sports Editor

Angel Meza is 18 years old and was born in Denver, Colorado. He moved to Scott City, Kansas at the age of three. During sixth grade, he moved to Satanta and graduated from Satanta Jr-Sr High School. His main hobbies are exercising, sleeping and watching Netflix. His favorite movie is “Pursuit of Happiness” because he relates the movie with himself and his younger brother.

Rubi Gallegos, Photo Editor

Margarita “Rubi” Gallegos is a freshman majoring in Digital Photography. She was born in Tierra Blanca, Guanajuato, Mexico and has lived in Liberal for 14 years. She graduated from Liberal High School. Her favorite things to do include spending time with family and hanging out with friends.

Yesenia Soto, Photographer

Yesenia Soto was born and raised in windy Liberal.  She hopes to be a nurse someday and possibly become a doctor.  When she is not running to and from work and college, she loves spending time with her dog, Arenita. Last semester she learned that she has a special passion for photography.  Yesenia loves adventures and meeting new people, even though she can be a bit shy at times.  She loves spicy foods, traveling, and spending time with family and friends.  Yesenia loves going to Mexico for vacation and enjoying the calm 80 degree weather while being with her grandparents.