SCCC Baseball vs Northeastern

February 8, 2018

The Seward County College baseball team split the first two games out of four versus Northeastern Junior College on Thursday, Feb. 8 with scores of 0-9 and 10-9. The Saints will finish out the four-game series against Northeastern on Friday, Feb. 9 at 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. in Liberal. So far, the Saints baseball team is 5-2 this season.

Rubi Gallegos
Freshman Braeden Gould strikes out his opponent in the beginning of the matchup against Northeastern. Gould is RHP (right hand pitcher) for SCCC Men’s Baseball team.

Angel Meza
Dylan Paul jokes with his teammates after nearly hitting a home run during the first inning.

Angel Meza
Sophomore Dylan Paul swings at the ball and falls short to hit a home run during the first inning.
So far, Paul is having a .167 batting average. Previous season, Paul finished the season with a
.363 batting average.

Yesenia Soto
Dylan Paul attempts to slide to stay safe in the first game of the four-game series versus Northeastern.

Amberley Taylor, Co-Editor (Fall Semester)

Amberley Taylor was born in Garden City, Kansas. She was raised for most of her life in Satanta, but has lived in other places like: Durango, Colorado...

Angel Meza, Sports Editor

Angel Meza is 18 years old and was born in Denver, Colorado. He moved to Scott City, Kansas at the age of three. During sixth grade, he moved to Satanta...

Rubi Gallegos, Photo Editor

Margarita "Rubi" Gallegos is a freshman majoring in Digital Photography. She was born in Tierra Blanca, Guanajuato, Mexico and has lived in Liberal for...

Yesenia Soto, Photographer

Yesenia Soto was born and raised in windy Liberal.  She hopes to be a nurse someday and possibly become a doctor.  When she is not running to and from...