Yesenia Soto

Yesenia Soto, Photographer

Yesenia Soto was born and raised in windy Liberal.  She hopes to be a nurse someday and possibly become a doctor.  When she is not running to and from work and college, she loves spending time with her dog, Arenita. Last semester she learned that she has a special passion for photography.  Yesenia loves adventures and meeting new people, even though she can be a bit shy at times.  She loves spicy foods, traveling, and spending time with family and friends.  Yesenia loves going to Mexico for vacation and enjoying the calm 80 degree weather while being with her grandparents.

All content by Yesenia Soto
Lindsay Tuman, SCCC Library Director, introduced guest speaker Kevin Rabas.  Sandwiches and refreshments were provided while Rabas read and explained some poems.

[Photo] Rabas

April 30, 2018

Lindsay Tuman, SCCC Library Director, introduced guest speaker Kevin Rabas. Sandwiches and refreshments were provided while Rabas read and explained some...

Kevin Rabas also read some poems with some drums.  Poems can also have music to go along with them to add more effect to the poem’s meaning.

[Photo] Rabas presents “Finding the Extraordinary in the Ordinary”

Angelica Alfaro, Club Reporter
April 30, 2018

Kevin Rabas also read some poems with some drums. Poems can also have music to go along with them to add more effect to the poem’s meaning.

Aysia Harper, sophomore Liberal Arts major from Hugoton, Kansas, came to Seward County Community College because it is cheap.  Harper plans to transfer to Northwestern Oklahoma State University in Alva, Oklahoma to continue her education to become a social worker.

[Photo] Aysia Harper

Michelle Mattich, Reporter
April 26, 2018

Aysia Harper, sophomore Liberal Arts major from Hugoton, Kansas, came to Seward County Community College because it is cheap. Harper plans to transfer...

Jordan Cordrey, freshman from Colorado Springs, Colorado, pitched for the second game against the Barton Cougars.  The Saints Softball team won the second game 17-6.

[Photo] Softball defeats Barton

Amberley Taylor, Editor
April 19, 2018

Jordan Cordrey, freshman from Colorado Springs, Colorado, pitched for the second game against the Barton Cougars. The Saints Softball team won the second...

Koons plans to stay in Kansas after finishing his pharmacy degree at The University of Kansas, where he was accepted into the program.  Koons said the feeling of being accepted into the pharmacy program in KU was indescribable because it was such a happy feeling after working four years to be able to apply to his dream degree program.

[Photo] Koons to directly enter KU School of Pharmacy

Amberley Taylor, Editor
April 19, 2018

Koons plans to stay in Kansas after finishing his pharmacy degree at The University of Kansas, where he was accepted into the program. Koons said the...

Frerichs plans on creating another piece to take with him to an international competition that will be held in Indiana.  With more than 2,000 students attending this competition, Frerichs hopes to place in the Top 6.

[Photo] Metal doesn't break

April 18, 2018

Frerichs plans on creating another piece to take with him to an international competition that will be held in Indiana. With more than 2,000 students...

[Photo] Metal doesn’t break

Michelle Mattich, Reporter
April 18, 2018

Ethan Frerichs, senior at Fellowship Baptist School, recently competed at the Regional Student Convention, under the Accelerated Christian Education, in...

In the Bridges program, Koons conducted an experiment with this apparatus that he was able to obtain thanks to Mr. Perry. Perry said he let Koons figure out some details in his experiment in order to prepare him for the next level at KU pharmacy school.

[Photo] Koons

April 17, 2018

In the Bridges program, Koons conducted an experiment with this apparatus that he was able to obtain thanks to Mr. Perry. Perry said he let Koons figure...

Madeline Owen, freshman from Tuttle, Oklahoma, started the first game at first base. Owen prepares to catch, throw or field any play to win the game.

[Photo] Softball sweeps Northwest Kansas Technical College

Amberley Taylor, Editor
April 17, 2018

Charlie and his friends show up to Glee Blub rehearsal led by Schroeder.  However, to Schroeder’s dismay, all of his friends end up leaving rehearsal after they argue while singing.

[Photo] Charlie Brown keeps audience laughing

Amberley Taylor, Editor
April 16, 2018

Charlie and his friends show up to Glee Blub rehearsal led by Schroeder. However, to Schroeder’s dismay, all of his friends end up leaving rehearsal...

The hustle and bustle of traffic in the streets of Wichita on a cold Sunday night helps illuminate the city even more.  Street lights and restaurant signs help to light up Wichita’s streets.

[Photo] Photo ShootOut

April 10, 2018

The hustle and bustle of traffic in the streets of Wichita on a cold Sunday night helps illuminate the city even more. Street lights and restaurant signs...

Tierra Thompson, Wichita State University student, says she chose to work at Walgreens to stay close to home and school.  She has been working at Walgreens for the past seven months so she can pay her bills.

[Photo] Crusader excels at state competition

Amberley Taylor, Editor
April 10, 2018

Tierra Thompson, Wichita State University student, says she chose to work at Walgreens to stay close to home and school. She has been working at Walgreens...

Taycee Ruiz, a sophomore and graphic art major, enjoys spending time with her “babies”. Ruiz’s “babies” include: three dogs, three cats, and a bearded dragon.

[Photo] Ruiz designs new crusader logo

Alondra Trevizo, Club Reporter
April 4, 2018

Taycee Ruiz, a sophomore and graphic art major, enjoys spending time with her “babies”. Ruiz’s “babies” include: three dogs, three cats, and...

The Saints were ready to overcome Pratt in the doubleheader and show no mercy whatsoever.  Thanks to smart plays and Ashley’s pitching the softball team won both games.

Saints Softball run rules Pratt

Yesenia Soto, Photographer
March 8, 2018

Monique Ashley, sophomore from Gallup, New Mexico, pitches the first game in the double header against the Pratt Beavers. The ace pitcher was a pre-season...

Damian Romero and Nicholas King work together to paint King’s truck. King helps to keep the paper that covers the tires steady while Romero paints the body of the truck.

Photo Essay: Students get hands-on experience with auto body projects

Yesenia Soto, Photographer
March 26, 2018

Damian Romero paints the sides of the bed and coats them with an even layer of paint. Students in the autobody class are expected to wear respirator masks...

Obadiah Barnett, a music major from Liberal, Kansas, is a part of the Campus Messengers for Christ here at Seward.  His favorite verse from the Bible is “Jesus wept” John 11:35.

[Photo] Students send texts for virtual Bible study

Amberley Taylor, Editor
March 21, 2018

It's easy to fit in a short devotional each day for members of SCCC's Campus Messengers for Christ now that it's all done via an App and text messaging.

Janeth Vazquez answered questions after the discussion and is welcome to help undocumented students with any questions or concerns they may have.  She is very passionate about the future of DACA and the future of Dreamers.

[Photo] A piece of paper does not determine who you are

Angelica Alfaro, Club Reporter
February 14, 2018

Sonia Hernandez, the Transition coordinator for Adult Education, is willing to help any Dreamer with the renewal application free of charge. Undocumented...

Dylan Paul attempts to slide to stay safe in the first game of the four-game series versus Northeastern.

[Photo] SCCC Baseball vs Northeastern

Amberley Taylor, Editor
February 8, 2018

Dulce Mana makes delicious churros of different fillings from cajeta (Mexican caramel), cream filling, and regular (no filling).  These fried delights are covered in sugar with cinnamon to make them even more sweet.

[Photo] Dulce Mana doesn’t disappoint

Michelle Mattich and Amberley Taylor, Reporter and Editor
February 2, 2018

The Mana Club is made of whole wheat bread, mayonnaise, avocado, deli ham slices, muenster cheese, lettuce, tomato, and onion. This savory sandwich delight...

The SCCC amazing race was filled with different obstacles for students to master before they could get a clue. This obstacle required teams to target shoot foam fingers with a ping-pong gun.

Saints compete in amazing race

Amberley Taylor and Yesenia Soto
January 24, 2018

When the first group of students earned their clue and began running, everyone knew the race had started. After earning each clue, the groups would hurry...

Comments (0)

Thanks for leaving a comment. Remember to keep it clean. Anonymous comments will not be posted.
All Crusader News Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest
Yesenia Soto