Softball defeats Barton

Sophomore, Sage Harrison earned her 32 home run of her career, tying the single season home run record (19) . Harrison is now three short of the career high home run record.

Amberley Taylor

Amberley Taylor

Amberley Taylor

Softball defeats Barton

April 19, 2018

Lady Saint sophomore, Sage Harrison led the SCCC softball team to yet another conference win after tying the single-season home run record. Seward defeated the Barton Cougars during Sophomore Night on Thursday, April 18 by scores of 6-3 and 17-6.

During the sweep, Harrison hit yet another two home runs to earn her 19th home run of the season. Harrison, with 32 career home runs, is now only three shy of the Lady Saint softball record of 35 career home runs.

The Lady Saints will continue the rest of their season on the road against Butler Community College on Saturday, April 19, beginning at 2 p.m.

Yesenia Soto
Sage Harrison, sophomore from St. Helens, Oregon, went down in SCCC Softball history in the Barton Cougar game. Harrison hit a home run and is now tied for the most in a single season with 19. She can break the tie in the Lady Saints’ next outing on Saturday.

Yesenia Soto
Jordan Cordrey, freshman from Colorado Springs, Colorado, pitched for the second game against the Barton Cougars. The Saints Softball team won the second game 17-6.

Yesenia Soto
Corrina Porras, freshman from Colorado Springs, Colorado, got an out in third base. Porras threw the ball to first base where they got another out.

Yesenia Soto
Paige St. Pierre, sophomore from Maple Ridge, British Columbia, got the lead off third base to see where the ball is hit. St. Pierre either has to tag up to third base or steal home and score.

Amberley Taylor, Co-Editor

Amberley Taylor was born in Garden City, Kansas. She was raised for most of her life in Satanta, but has lived in other places like: Durango, Colorado...

Yesenia Soto, Photographer

Yesenia Soto was born and raised in windy Liberal.  She hopes to be a nurse someday and possibly become a doctor.  When she is not running to and from...