Softball defeats Barton

Softball defeats Barton

Sophomore, Sage Harrison earned her 32 home run of her career, tying the single season home run record (19) . Harrison is now three short of the career high home run record.

Amberley Taylor

Amberley Taylor

Amberley Taylor

Lady Saint sophomore, Sage Harrison led the SCCC softball team to yet another conference win after tying the single-season home run record. Seward defeated the Barton Cougars during Sophomore Night on Thursday, April 18 by scores of 6-3 and 17-6.

During the sweep, Harrison hit yet another two home runs to earn her 19th home run of the season. Harrison, with 32 career home runs, is now only three shy of the Lady Saint softball record of 35 career home runs.

The Lady Saints will continue the rest of their season on the road against Butler Community College on Saturday, April 19, beginning at 2 p.m.

Click on photo to view gallery:
  • Jordan Cordrey, freshman from Colorado Springs, Colorado, pitched for the second game against the Barton Cougars. The Saints Softball team won the second game 17-6.

• Sage Harrison, sophomore from St. Helens, Oregon, went down in SCCC Softball history in the Barton Cougar game. Harrison hit a home run and is now tied for the most in a single season with 19. She can break the tie in the Lady Saints' next outing on Saturday.

• Corrina Porras, freshman from Colorado Springs, Colorado, got an out in third base. Porras threw the ball to first base where they got another out.

• Paige St. Pierre, sophomore from Maple Ridge, British Columbia, got the lead off third base to see where the ball is hit. St. Pierre either has to tag up to third base or steal home and score.