Style at no cost

PBL reopens E-boutique; choose from lots of clothes

Are you in need of an arrangement of clothing, jewelry, hats, or shoes for any occasion?  

Seward County Community College’s Phi Beta Lambda students, which is made up of all business majors, are reviving the e-boutique project, where they will give away clothes to people who are in need of them. This is a way of serving the community by preparing people for interviews or any other important occasions. 

The welding students built racks for the boutique to showcase clothes. The welding class even designed and built dressing rooms. Hundreds of shirts, skirts and pants hang from the racks.
(Logan Scruggs)

Israel Banuelos Jr, a member of PBL, says, “It is a way to give back to the community and to those who are in need of these things.”

The grand re-opening of the shop will be on April 15 at 12:30 p.m. The Liberal Chamber of Commerce will host a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the E-Boutique at Seward’s technical campus next to the welding department. 

Different kinds of fancy clothes and accessories that have been donated will be distributed for the welfare of the community and its people. The clothes that have been donated are in abundance and the students of SCCC are working on setting up a

boutique to display the donated items. 

“Right now, there are plenty of donated clothes. If the e-boutique store runs well then we will work on getting more donations later,” says Banuelos. 

The welding students contributed their skills to the project by creating some racks and dressing rooms. 

Giving away free clothes is not the only task the students will perform. Banuelos says, “We would like to give back to Liberal and help [people] as much as possible by preparing them for interviews and possibly building their resumes.”

Click on photos to view full gallery:
Hundreds of clothing items hang in the reopened E-boutique on the SCCC technical college campus. The shop was started in 2015 and sponsored by Phi Beta Lambda. Club members decided to revamp the shop so students and community members could take advantage of the donated clothes. The goal is to help empower students to make an impact on the job market. (Logan Scruggs)

Business instructor, Hiran Gunasekara, has faith in his students that they will carry out the act of service to the community with admiration and enthusiasm. He wants his students to be appreciated and supported for the work they are doing. 

COVID-19 sterilizing and other campus rules will be in effect at the e-boutique. The boutique along with the items inside will be sterilized. 

“Masks are mandatory to visit the store,” confirms Banuelos. Students are also asked to practice safe social-distancing by limiting the number of people in the shop at one time. 

Donations have been provided to the students for various cleaning items. Phi Beta Lambda students are excited to start the e-boutique store and serve the community.

The E-boutique has more than just clothes, it has accessories, too. Hats, belts, jewelry and much more can be found at the student store on the SCCC technical college campus. Elisa Bolanos, business management major, and Hannah Rosales, business administration major, sort through donated clothes in the back of the store. The two PBL club members try to create outfits that might go together and appear professional. (Logan Scruggs)