Play a Saint

Crusader photo/ Will Rector Jon Tassin slam dunks a basketball during the Play a Saint event at the Chili Cookoff.
Crusader photo/ Will Rector
Jon Tassin slam dunks a basketball during the Play a Saint event at the Chili Cookoff.

The Seward County Saints men’s basketball team took part in the Play a Saint event at the Chili Cookoff Sept. 19 at Blue Bonnet Park. The team did the Play a Saint for fun and to make a public appearance. “It’s a good thing for the community, helping with kids in the community,” Saints forward Jon Tassin said. “We were just having good times with the kids who come to our games.” The basketball team also got to go around and taste the different kinds of chili.

Crusader photo/ Will Rector Adonte McCarter lays a ball up for Jon Tassin on an alley-oop. They were playing against a mother and a daughter for the Play a Saint at the Chili Cookoff in Blue Bonnet Park on Sept. 19. There were various games and activities for children at the event including duck races
Crusader photo/ Will Rector
Adonte McCarter lays a ball up for Jon Tassin on an alley-oop. They were playing against a mother and a daughter for the Play a Saint at the Chili Cookoff in Blue Bonnet Park on Sept. 19. There were various games and activities for children at the event including duck races