SCCC hosts biannual Transfer Fair

Amberley Taylor

There will be many four-year colleges, along with the Army and National Guard at the Transfer Fair.

Michelle Mattich, Co-Editor

College is always on everybody’s mind. Whether you are here just for your associates or plan on going on to a bigger university, you have to start somewhere. Seward County Community College has you covered.

SCCC is hosting a Transfer Fair this year where students will be able to meet with four-year schools and military officials about continuing their education. There will be representatives from the National Guard and the U.S Army, along with colleges like: Kansas State University, The University of Kansas, Wichita State University, Oklahoma Panhandle State University and many more.

“This is a good opportunity for students to see if schools have their majors, what scholarships are available and what financial aid is offered,” Janeth Vazquez, SCCC Transfer Fair Coordinator, said.

“Students get one on one time with advisors and talk to them about what classes they should be taking and what classes will transfer,” Vazquez added.

The Transfer Fair will take place on Wednesday, September 12 from 9 a.m. to noon in the hallway near the library, so stop by and look at your options. There will be a drawing for a $25 gift card for attendees.