Lady Saints stay undefeated

Amberley Taylor, Co-Editor

After beating No. 15 South Plains, The Seward County Lady Saints beat Frank Phillips College with the help of each player on the team.

Both teams struggled to get a rhythm going before sophomore forward, Sidney Tinner made two free throws to put the first set of points on the scoreboard. Seward took an 11-2 lead, but the Plainsmen cut the lead to only five before the first quarter came to an end.

Frank Phillips bucketed a three before Seward went on a 9-1 run to take a double-digit lead. The lead was increased to 11 after another 5-0 run. The Lady Saints led going into halftime, 33-23.

Five minutes in the third quarter went by before the SCCC was able to score a single basket, allowing the Plainsmen to cut the lead to only two. Seward finally was able to come away with a 9-1 run to regain a double digit lead late in the quarter. Another 5-0 run allowed the Lady Saints to lead going into the fourth quarter, 52-36.

Seward increased their lead to 22 points. Frank Phillips continued to try to cut their deficit, but the Lady Saints came away with the win, 66-54, advancing them to 4-0.

SCCC will head to Midland, TX on Thursday to compete in the Midland College WNIT against No. 17 Salt Lake at 1 p.m.

About the Writer
Amberley Taylor, Co-Editor

Amberley Taylor was born in Garden City, Kansas. She was raised for most of her life in Satanta, but has lived in other places like: Durango, Colorado...