Cheerleader to lead the way in science

Jordan Eder’s career at Seward County Community College/Area Technical School has been marked with leadership, fun and achievement, as mentioned by her peers and teachers. Along with her studies, Eder has been involved in many activities, including positions as co-captain of the cheerleading squad, and vice president of both the Collegiate Farm Bureau and Block and Bridles. She was also secretary of Phi Theta Kappa, and was a Student Government Association member. Those who have worked with Eder describe her as helpful and fun to be around. “She’s very bubbly, very excited, and she’s very energetic,” Debbie Stafford, sponsor of Phi Theta Kappa, said. But even though Eder is a fun loving person, she also knows how to work. “She’s very involved and she sees a project through to the end,” Stafford said. Evan Winchester, the agriculture instructor and coordinator, stressed the rarity of having someone who works on the level that Eder does. “She is one of the hardest workers that I’ve had,” Winchester said. “She ranks among the elite in terms of hard work and figuring things out. She’s just one of those good ones you wish you could have a bunch of.” Eder’s leadership abilities are known among her peers. “She has really great leadership, and she was always the one, even when something went wrong, who brought us back together,” Stefani Croy, who was a cheerleader with Eder, said. Managing a busy schedule like Eder’s is no easy task, but in those rare moments when she has free time, she likes to “read, kind of chill, and listen to music.” Jordan said that her favorite experiences at Seward County were probably her times helping in the ag department, and her times cheering for the basketball players. Her least favorite college moments: “Finals; definitely finals.” Eder will graduate from SCCC/ATS with an associate in science degree, and plans to further her pre-med education at K-State, where she will pursue microbiology. Eder says that her dream job would be working at a lab, where she can observe science hands on. She said what she will take from Seward is the feeling of accomplishment, and making a difference. She also enjoyed being able to learn and grow mentally and emotionally.

Crusader photo/Logan Green Jordan Eder sits outside on a spring day by the Hobble Academic Building. Eder will graduate from SCCC/ATS with a degree in pre-med, and plans to further her education at K-State.
Crusader photo/Logan Green
Jordan Eder sits outside on a spring day by the Hobble Academic Building. Eder will graduate from SCCC/ATS with a degree in pre-med, and plans to further her education at K-State.