Seward Saints Baseball Lose first games of season

Jade Harper, Club Reporter

The Seward Saints Baseball team had their opening games on Feb. 7 and Feb. 8. There were two games both days. The final scores of all the games were 3-0, 3-1, 18-7, and 11-1. 

On Feb. 7, the Saints Baseball team played Galveston College and Weatherford College. 

In the first game against Galveston, Saint Sam Berberich was on the pitching mound and pitched the first six innings. Berberich gave up one run on three hits and struck out three times. In the top of the seventh inning, the Saints had an error in the outfield and gave Galveston the final run support they needed. The first game ended with a score of 3-0.

In the second game against Weatherford, the Saints started off the top of the first inning with Kase Johnson hitting a line drive up the middle to get on base. With only one out, Johnson advanced to second and then third. The second game ended with a score of 3-1.

On Feb. 8, the Saints Baseball played Galveston and Weatherford again.

In the first game against Galveston, the pitchers were freshman Peter Goldy and sophomore Steven Craddock. The baserunners were Kase Johnson and KP Werner. The first game ended with a score of 18-7.

In the second game against Weatherford, the pitchers were Evan Truelson, Eric Turner, Mason Martinez, and Alexander Vasquez-Antigua. The fielders were KP Werner, Kase Johnson, and Noah Potthast. Johnson scored on a passed ball. The second game ended with a score of 11-1. 

The Saints Baseball team will play again on Feb. 14 against Odessa College. The first game tops off at 12 p.m.