‘Fun and Games’ theme hopes for win-win on scholarships

“Fun and Games” is the theme for the 20th annual party auction on Saturday, Sept. 20. This annual party auction will take place at Seward County Event Center, Liberal Fairgrounds. The tickets will be $30 and must be purchased in advance. “Proceeds from this event help fund students’ scholarships and instructional programs,” said Tammy Doll, director of development. Tickets can be purchased online at alumni.sccc.edu/events; or on campus in the development office, humanities division office or at the information desk. Tickets include admission, dinner, dessert bar and beverages. A 50/50 drawing or lucky drawing will give another game opportunity for guests to donate funds. The festivities will begin with a silent auction at 6 p.m. Dinner will be served from 6-7:30 p.m., Billy’s Mexican Grill & Q will cater the meal and will feature a buffet of pulled pork, donated by Seaboard Foods, and brisket, donated by National Beef Packing. Great Western Dining Services will cater the dessert bar and chocolate fountain. Following the dinner will be a live auction at 8 p.m. Items to be auctioned will be vacations, jewelry, and patio furniture. One unique auction item is the right to have the opportunity having the circle drive named after the highest bidder. Another prize package will be an airplane ride for four people to Amarillo, donated by Lyddon Aero. The silent auction includes a great amount of items, homemade food, a Saints neon light, and sunglasses. Auction items may be viewed online at sccc.edu/go/auction. The Saints cheer and dance squad will provide child care for ages 3-11. Child care reservations must be made in advance. Call 620-391-2069 or email [email protected] to reserve a spot for a fee of $5 per child.