Must have snacks for Super bowl LV

Mary Ramirez, Reporter

Do you guys know what time of year it is? It is the time where friends and family get together on a Sunday to watch two National Football League, or NFL, teams fight to the end to become the next Super bowl champions. But let’s be honest about this event – it’s the time we get together with friends and family to feast on “snacks.”

Monse Guillen, a sophomore majoring in pre-dentistry, thinks the best Super Bowl snack is definitely wings.

“My all time favorite snack for the Super Bowl would definitely be wings if you consider that a snack along with some Dr. Pepper. You really can’t go wrong with that combination” Guillen says.   

Larkyn Wright, a freshman majoring in biology, admits that she doesn’t make homemade snacks, she buys something already made. 

“I honestly just order pizza from Pizza Hut because it is easier than making stuff,” Wright says. “Everyone loves pizza and it is a good food to just sit there and snack on throughout the Super Bowl.” 

My all time favorite snack for the Super Bowl would definitely be wings

Whether you want to make something or grab something fast and pre-made, Crusader News has got your back on this one. If you can’t think of anything to make and serve for the big food event — er, football game. We have ideas that range from using an oven to frying things, foods from pizza, chips, and even sandwiches. Here are the ideas and what you need:

Want to use an oven? Here are some ideas that use just that. 

• Pigs in a Blanket/ Mini Crescent Dogs- Crescent rolls, Cocktail-size smoked link sausages/ hot dogs
  • Homemade Chex Mix- Worcestershire sauce, Butter, Salt, Garlic salt, Onion powder, Your choice of Chex cereal, Pretzels
  • Jalapeno Poppers- Jalapenos, Cream cheese, Bacon

In the mood for some fried foods? Here are some ideas.

• Fried Pickles- Oil, Pickles, Flour, Seasoning of your choice
  • Fried Mushrooms- Oil, Mushrooms, Seasoning of your choice, Flour
  • Fries- Oil, Potatoes, Salt 

Want something easy and crunchy? Look below!

• Nachos- Chips, nacho cheese
  • Chips and Salsa
  • Cracker Platter- Crackers, square cheese, salami 

In the mood for something saucy? Here you go!

• Pizza
  • Pizza rolls
  • Hot Wings

Do you like bread or tortillas? Here are some ideas to get you started.

• Sandwiches
  • Pinwheels
  • Sliders

Need some dip?

• Buffalo chicken dip
  • Nacho cheese dip
  • Ranch dip

All of these ideas are simple, fun, and easy to make for your friends and family on Super Bowl Sunday. You can serve your guests top tier snacks for this year’s Super Bowl LV.