Lady Saints defeat Otero

Victoria Martins, Photographer

On Sept. 20 the Seward County Community College volleyball  team defeated Lady Rattlers 3-0 at the Greenhouse. The win makes Lady Saints have an overall record 10-3. They play Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. in the Greenhouse against Dodge City Community College.

The Lady Saints Ana Brangioni and Laura Almeida both get ready to save the ball from the Lady Rattlers during the second set. The set was a rough one as Seward missed quite a few balls in a row until Brangioni saved it, helping the Lady Saints in their 3-0 win.
Ileim Terrero, from Santa Domingo, Dominican Republic is a setter for the Lady Saints. Terrero goes up to block the ball, Riley Davis, Otero Junior College player gets ready for a come back to keep the ball in the Lady Saints court side.
Lady Saint Sarah Cruz, Santa Domingo, Dominican Republic, goes up for the kill while an Otero Junior College player gets ready to save the ball. Cruz is an outside hitter and she has an overall of 132 kills.
Brooke Katen and Ana Cambraia go up to block a ball from a Lady Rattler. Katen and Cambraia are both middle hitters for the Lady Saints.
Middle hitter Brooke Haten goes up for a kill and makes it, which guaranteed one more point for the Lady Saints. Haten is a sophomore at SCCC from Maryville, Missouri.
Sarah Cruz goes up for one more kill, but misses. The Lady Saint from the Dominican Republic is an outside hitter. Seward is ranked No. 10 in the nation.
Ana Brangioni, outside and middle hitter, saves the ball. Ana is a sophomore from Belo Horizonte, Brazil, and has an overall of 100 kills.