Nothing beautiful about toddler pageants

Stage lights come off and the audience quietly waits for the show. Faces powdered with make-up, long hair flowing neatly, tan skin glowing, and the contestants anxiously wait for their time to shine. For many years, there have been plenty of beauty pageants all over the world. Little did people know that this decade would hold such a big change. By big change, I mean having toddler pageants. Toddler pageants have become such a big hit these past couple years, it’s unbelievable. Toddler pageants give little girls the chance to live their dream and participate in Little Miss Beauty pageants. These pageants give toddlers the ability to show their talents and beauty to the world. The big downfall to all of this is that people don’t get to see their true inner beauty and pureness. In my opinion having little girls join beauty pageants at a young age is not the brightest of ideas. Being plastered with tons of make-up, hair extensions, a pair of heels for height and a little tanning to insinuate the skin is not the ideal image for a toddler. The little girls that compete look as if they were 20 years old and that just not right. Toddlers should look their own age. I mean not even 20 year olds wear as much make-up as these little girls. Plus years pass by fast and being grown up isn’t much fun. These toddlers seem as if they were in a rush to grow up by the way they act, dress, and talk. Many of these toddlers compete in sexy outfits just to win over the judges. Girls their age shouldn’t be trying to catch people’s attention by their way they dress but they are taught by their coaches or moms that it’s the best way to win them over. Little do they know the best way to win over people is by their personality. Many girls can be pretty but their attitude makes them ugly. These toddlers think that dressing up like a women, having tons, of make-up on, looking like models, makes them pretty. In reality it just makes people sad to see little girls going through these things. Rules should be changed; these little girls should be able to compete without the makeup, heels, extensions and dark skin. There has to be a better way to get these little girls to show their talents and win over the judges by their own character. The girls should be able to enjoy their childhood. Until all these changes happen and these little girls stop trying to be grown-ups, I’ll say no to Little Miss Beauty Pageants.