Livestock judging coach steps down

Livestock judging coach and agriculture instructor Brett Crow will be stepping down from his position at the end of this semester. Since February of 2009, Crow has been coaching the livestock judging team at Seward County Community College/Area Technical School. Mississippi State University offered Crow a position earlier this semester to coach its livestock judging team, and he accepted it. “It’s close to home,” Crow said. “My wife and I grew up in Alabama, so we’ll only be three hours away from home.” Crow’s wife Karen, business division/public and alumni relations secretary and Enactus (formerly SIFE) co-club sponsor will also be leaving SCCC/ATS. “Liberal is the first place that we’ve called home since we got married. It’s sad to leave but it’ll be a good opportunity to work on my master’s, and we’ll be closer our families,” Karen Crow said. College president Duane Dunn stated the following on Brett Crow’s departure. “I really hate to see Brett go. He has done an amazing job, but he has a great opportunity and we encourage our employees to take those opportunities.” Although he is leaving, Crow and administration officials at SCCC/ATS are looking for a replacement to fill the livestock judging coach opening. “I’ve worked really hard to spread the word among people I know and the circles that I’m in contact with. We should have someone lined up to coach the team before I’m gone,” Crow said. He has also arranged a transition period for the team. “I worked out a deal with Mississippi State where I can come back up during the spring semester to help the sophomores on the team and help the new coach transition into their position.” Brett and Karen Crow will move to Mississippi during Christmas break. Brett Crow will continue to coach the livestock judging team until the end of this semester.