Halo gets extreme makeover

Halo is back and it’s better than ever. If you know anything about Halo then you might be a little skeptical about 343 Industries making Halo games now instead of Bungie Studios. Fear no more though because Halo 4 will blow you and your skepticism away. Halo 4 could quite possible be the best Halo game to ever be made. The story, the graphics, the cutscenes, the gameplay, the music, and the voice acting are all astounding. Halo 4 has deep, interesting, well-paced, and touching story. The most surprising thing about Halo 4’s amazing campaign is that it’s not Master Chief’s story, it’s about Cortana and her struggle with being an outdated Artificial Intelligence. Cortana has reached a point in her programming evolution where she is literally thinking herself into insanity. Chief and Cortana must work together throughout the story to keep each other safe and help each other from going into insanity. This is where Halo 4’s touching and emotional story actually keeps you interested. You will find yourself caring about the characters and worrying what will happen to them. The graphics of Halo 4 are absolutely beautiful. Everything from the levels to the characters are detailed and designed extremely well. The detail put into the character faces is astounding. The Chief’s armor has been upgraded as well with even more detail; it doesn’t just have dings and scratches, but also has pieces that bump and scrape against each other. The graphics are just a huge enhancement for a Halo game and helps to drive the more personal and emotional story of the Chief and Cortana. Multiplayer for Halo is back with some changes and refinements from Halo Reach. Almost every weapon in Halo history is back with all new looks and sounds. The newest weapon additions are the Promethean weapons, which will disintegrate your targets in a beautiful orange flare. The multiplayer mode has been renamed to “War Games” for very interesting reasons that are more explained in Spartan Ops. Spartan Ops is basically a separate story from the main campaign that puts more detail into the story behind the Halo universe. From the start of War Games players will create a load out consisting of perks, armor abilities and starting weapons. Every perk, armor ability and weapon is fine-tuned and balanced with the game so it’s unlikely that anyone will gain an unfair advantage. Overall, Halo 4 definitely delivers on being another great installment in the franchise and with Halo 5 and 6 coming out on the next generation consoles it can only get better from here. If you are an Xbox 360 owner then I would highly recommend buying or at least checking out Halo 4.