HALO enjoys leadership conference in Chicago

Top name speakers impressed and inspired Seward Hispanic American Leadership Organization members at a three-day national conference Feb. 17-20 in Chicago, according to students in attendance. Jimmy Cabrera, president of Success Through Excellence; Gov. Bill Richardson of New Mexico and former member of President Bill Clinton’s staff; and Pegine, president of  PEGCO Seminars, delivered inspirational and educational messages for HALO students gathered from across the nation. Cabrera spoke to HALO members about packing for success in their lives and careers. “Jimmy Cabrera was one of the best speakers at the conference,” Lizuly Monarrez said. “The whole week was a lot of fun filled with good food, desserts and speakers.” Frances Brown, HALO sponsor, also remembered her favorite session. “Pegine’s ‘Be Feisty , Be Fearless, Be Focused, Have fun!’ seminar was a fun and exciting workshop,” Brown said. This was the fifth year that Brown has taken a group to the HALO convention. The main focuses and themes of the convention covered immigration reform, education and the 2010 Census. According to Stephanie Jacques, “The trip was an inspirational experience that makes you want to excel in everything that you do.”