Commit to be Fit seeks participants to join effort

The Commit to be Fit program has begun at Seward County Community College/ Area Technical School. The starting date for this challenge was Jan. 26 at the Seward County Event Center where participants not only started on their path to wellness but were joined by Zig Ziglar motivational speaker, Mike Rodriguez. The participants then filled out screening forms to help them set their goals.

Though this event has already started, it is never too late to join and commit to be fit. This program will go until Nov. 16, but attendance at any of the motivational meetings offered is optional and you can join any time during the year.

Crusader photo/Xochitl Gonzalez Participants of the Commit to be Fit challenge getting ready to start on their paths to wellness while listening to Mike Rodriguez on Jan. 26 at the Seward County event center.
Crusader photo/Xochitl Gonzalez
Participants of the Commit to be Fit challenge getting ready to start on their paths to wellness while listening to Mike Rodriguez on Jan. 26 at the Seward County event center.

Andy Highfill, the director of wellness at SCCC/ATS, explained what Commit to be Fit is.

“Commit to be Fit was developed to not only include the physical components of wellness, but also the financial and emotional components,” Highfill said. “The Wellness Center has joined forces with Liberal’s K-State research and education office. We have also teamed up with a number of local organizations to create the wellness challenge, Commit to Be Fit.”

The agencies involved in this noteworthy challenge are K-State Research and Extension, Liberal Recreational Department, Southwest Medical Center, Liberal Area Coalition for Families, Seward County Community College/ Area Technical School, Seward County Health Department, Seward County admin., and Southwest Guidance Center.

With the knowledge of what Commit to be Fit is, people realize joining is simple. Form a team of four members who will help motivate and keep each other on track to wellness, or jump in solo.

Then fill out the registration form that can be found at commitfitliberal.weebly.com, or forms can be found at Seward County extension office or the Liberal Recreation Center. With that comes a fee of $10 per person or $15per family and scholarships are available.

The Commit to be Fit program is designed to help the participants reach better physical wellness and also financial and emotional wellness.

Throughout the year, the program will be focusing on the three different areas with meetings that are designed to motivate and help reach the goals set for the individual by the individual. These meeting are optional.

More information about this challenge can be found at the website, the Commit to be Fit Facebook page at www.facebook.com/commitfitliberal or by calling Kathy Bloom at the extension office, 620-624-5604.

Stepping towards fitness

• Form a team of four members who will help motivate and keep each other on track to wellness, or jump in solo.

•Fill out the registration form at commitfitliberal.weebly.com

• Pay a fee of $10 per person or $15per family or ask about scholarships.

Crusader photo/Xochitl Gonzalez Zig Ziglar motivational speaker, Mike Rodriguez is talking ot the participants of the Commit to be Fit challenge on Jan. 26 at the Seward County event center.
Crusader photo/Xochitl Gonzalez
Zig Ziglar motivational speaker, Mike Rodriguez is talking ot the participants of the Commit to be Fit challenge on Jan. 26 at the Seward County event center.