Crusader Logo gets a Makeover

Crusader News unveils a new masthead and social media icons. SCCC graphic design student Taycee Ruiz created the design. She made a t-shirt design such as this one, as well as the new header that you'll find at the top of the website. Check out the new social media icons on our facebook, instagram and twitter pages.

Taycee Ruiz

Taycee Ruiz

The Crusader logo just got a makeover! The Crusader is a student run newspaper. Students produce all of the content and Crusader News wanted the logo to reflect that, so they asked the Seward County Community College graphic design classes for help.

Four students submitted original logo designs. Their designs were showcased and put up for SCCC students to vote. The end result was a fresh new logo that starts a new chapter for not only Crusader News, but the whole student body.

Taycee Ruiz
The new Crusader logo was designed by Taycee Ruiz, sophomore graphic design. It won the vote of the student body.

Involving the students in the voting process as well as the actual designing of the logo was important to the editor.

“We chose to have students vote because we’re a student run paper and we want all students to contribute to the newspaper and to like what they see.”Amberley Taylor, Satanta freshman, said.

Taylor felt that the logo needed to be spruced up to catch the attention of the student body.

“The previous design was really simple and [Crusader News] wanted something with more vibrant colors that would attract attention,” Taylor added.

The idea of updating the logo was echoed by the previous editor and current member of the news staff.

“I honestly think it’s awesome that the logo is being changed because it was pretty simple and boring. We’ve had many changes in the newspaper from going to online only and switching from night classes to day class. It fits right in.” Angelica Alfaro, Liberal sophomore, said.

Crusader mastheads through the ages:

Crusader has had a lot of masthead changes throughout its almost 50 year span. Most have included a knight of some kind. Click on the gallery above to see some mastheads from the past.

• Crusader Logo gets a Makeover

Phonathon exceeds $30,000 goal

• Crusader Logo gets a Makeover

Metal doesn’t break

• Crusader Logo gets a Makeover

Women in Robotics

• Crusader Logo gets a Makeover

SCCC Foundation hosts ninth annual Phonathon

• Crusader Logo gets a Makeover

Entertainment

SCCC presents You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown

• Crusader Logo gets a Makeover

Crusader excels at state competition

• Crusader Logo gets a Makeover

Fosdick leaves her mark on SCCC and the community

• Crusader Logo gets a Makeover

Ag partners with cafeteria for higher quality vegetables

• Crusader Logo gets a Makeover

Phi Beta Lambda students compete for spot at Nationals

• Crusader Logo gets a Makeover

Fans hype Lady Saints from afar

Crusader Logo gets a Makeover