The Super Bowl was a flop for SCCC students

This+years+Super+Bowl+game%2C+which+took+place+in+the+Mercedes-Benz+Stadium+in+Atlanta+on+Feb.+3+was+unimpressive+among+SCCC+students.+

Annette Meza

This years Super Bowl game, which took place in the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta on Feb. 3 was unimpressive among SCCC students.

Bryanna Alexis, Reporter

The lowest scoring Super Bowl game took place in the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta on Feb. 3. The New England Patriots won to the Los Angeles Rams with the score ending in 13-3.

SCCC hosted a watch party for students staying in the dorms to go and watch the Super Bowl and to enjoy some delicious snacks and food provided to them.

Unfortunately, the Super Bowl game was not up to par among students this year, lacking challenge and excitement.

“I was hoping for a challenged game and was excited for the halftime show but I ended up disappointed,” architectural engineer major David Perez, said.  

The Patriots’ 13-3 victory over the Rams in Super Bowl LIII was the lowest-rated title game in a decade but didn’t hit around until the third quarter. The Rams were able to get on the board with a 53-yard field goal, the second-longest in Super Bowl history to tie the game at 3-3 heading to the fourth quarter. The six combined points is a record for the fewest points after three quarters.

“The Super Bowl has become less exciting over the years. This game had no good plays and the scores remained really low,” Perez said.

The Super Bowl Halftime Show was headlined by Pop group Maroon 5, joined by rappers Travis Scott and Big Boi. Adam Levine had lost his shirt with all the excitement going on.

“I was excited to watch the halftime show which was good,” physical therapy major, Hayden Martinez said.  

The Super Bowl commercials have become a competitive sport event on its own. Brands use celebrities, humor, talking animals, talking babies, and other bizarre strategies to get people talking.

“I look forward to seeing all the different commercials. The Bud Light Game of Thrones one had to be my favorite this Super Bowl,” Martinez said.