Phi Theta Kappa Quiz Bowl game night tests knowledge

Students and faculty gathered around their buzzers for a night of friendly competion at the Phi Theta Kappa sponsored Quiz Bowl event.Participants enjoyed pizza and other refreshments before the main event on April 22. Ten teams participated according to Debbie Stafford, Phi Theta Kappa sponsor. Teams included the AAC Quizballers (2 teams), the Crusader staff, faculty/staff, HALO (3 teams), Phi Theta Kappa, Pathways, and volleyball. After 11 rounds in a double elimination bracket, first place honors and a $25 dollar gift card went to the faculty/staff team, while the Crusader, and HALO No. 1 teams took second and third, respectively. “I was in Quiz Bowl in high school, so I was looking forward to participating, and I had a lot of fun,” Deisi Barboza of the Crusader team said. The event went well and left participants hoping to compete in years ahead. “I feel that the event was put together well, and hope that Phi Theta Kappa will continue to sponsor it in years ahead,” said Patsy Fischer who competed on the faculty/staff team. The equipment was borrowed from Liberal High School to use for the event, and was set up in two rooms for competition. “Phi Theta Kappa sponsored the event with the intention of providing an activity that would allow students and faculty and staff to spend an evening together outside of the classroom,” Stafford said. Members that were involved in organizing, planning and implementing the event were Jordan Eder and Stephanie Boaldin, with instructors Frances Brown and Cindy Handley serving as moderators. “I was very pleased in how it all played out.” Eder said. “The participation was great and everyone really seemed to get into it and enjoy it. It was a lot of hardwork to pull it all together, but totally worth it.”Quiz Bowl Pic