Homecoming nominees narrowed to 10

The Seward County homecoming queen candidates fir 2011 are Janette Vargas, Brandi Colvin, Ashley Martinez, Marycarmen Perez and Jeanette Contreras. King candidates are Luis Pauyac, Saul Landeros, Victor Rodriguez, Omar Rios and Carlos Ruiz. The final round of voting will take place from 9 a.m. to noon Feb. 9-11 to noon in front of the library. These final 10 candidates emerged from club nominations and a school-wide vote. The other nominees were Lizuly Monarrez, Dana Loewen, Ethan Adams, Deisi Barboza, Alfredo Anaya, Karem Gallo, Adrianna Vazquez, Ricky Rodriquez, Yahaida Zubia, Brandon Ridge, Blanca Richard, Fanny Benincasa, Rogelio Alvarez, Mario Armendariz, Kauna Goncalves, and Iago Goncalves. Homecoming week features events for SCCC/ATS students from voting Feb. 9-11 to dancing on Feb. 12. A schedule of events follows. On Feb. 8, the Saints Bookstore will offer free donuts along with the weekly free coffee Tuesdays. Mad Chad Taylor will perform at 8 p.m. in the Showcase Theater. Feb. 9 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., SGA will sponsor the making of free funny T-shirts. Students will be able to have a picture taken and placed on a T-shirt. On Feb. 10, the first night of the intramural dodgeball tournament will be at 7:30 p.m. in the gym. On Feb. 11, a Texas Hold-’em Poker Night will be at 7:30 p.m. in the Student Union. Students wishing to participate need to sign up with Wade Lyon by Feb. 10. Approximately $1,000 worth of prizes will be awarded that night to the winners. On Feb. 12 the Saints Challenge/Old School Run will begin at 1:33 p.m. and 2:33 p.m. in between the Student Union and the Student Living Center. Registration will begin at 1 p.m. in the Student Union. For more information, see Sports, page 7. Homecoming coronation of the king and queen will be announced before the Saints basketball game. The cheer squad and Saintsensation dance team will perform. A homecoming dance will follow the men’s game from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. in the Student Union. Glow-in-the-dark paint will be abundant at the dance. All homecoming events are free to SCCC/ATS students.