Saints perched on top of the Jayhawk West

The Seward County Saints baseball team traveled to Dodge City to take on the Conquistadors in a four-game series on March 28 and 29. The Saints took game one 5-0 after a stellar pitching performance from Cameron Maldonado who pitched a complete game shutout while only allowing two hits and struck out eight Conqs. The Saints offense posted five runs on nine hits. A trio of Saints led the offense as Quay Grant, Josh Dawson and Jordan Dallalio each had two for four days. Dawson and Dallalio had one RBI a piece and Luke Campbell added an RBI in the game. Game two was much of the same, as the Saints had plenty of offense and received another great outing from freshman Logan Hall, earning the win in a 6-0 victory. Hall pitched the full nine innings and got the shutout after allowing eight hits and striking out six while walking three Conquistadors. Dawson had another two for four performance with a double and two RBIs. Grant scored three of the six total runs for the Saints once again going two for four and Dallalio and Ty Jacobs added RBIs. Jacobs and Campbell both had two for five performances. The second day of the series was a complete 180 degree turn for the Saints as they dropped both games of the double header. Game one saw a score of 10-1 with the Saints lone run coming in the sixth inning as Dawson knocked in the run. The Saints managed only four hits in the game as Hayden Holub received the loss. Game two saw the Saints getting seven hits, but were unable to capitalize on those hits by dropping the night cap 6-0. Catcher Todd Glime had a two for three day with a double. Five other Saints recorded hits in the contest as Jose Gonzalez received the loss.

Crusader photo/Miguel Campano Starting pitcher Cameron Maldonado throws a pitch against the Barton County Cougars in the first game of the four-game series on March 22. Maldonado picked up the win going six innings, giving up five hits and three earned runs.
Crusader photo/Miguel Campano
Starting pitcher Cameron Maldonado throws a pitch against the Barton County Cougars in the first game of the four-game series on March 22. Maldonado picked up the win going six innings, giving up five hits and three earned runs.