Multi-tasker faces college full force

Seward County sophomore Liz Ginther has definitely touched many lives in her time spent at the college. Her time as a peer tutor in the Student Success Center has been well spent in preparing her to fulfill her dream of being a teacher. A person with exceptional leadership abilities, Ginther is a source of encouragement and laughter to those who work around her. “She loves having fun and always includes everybody,” said Rachel Barnes, Ginther’s teammate on Seward’s women’s basketball team. “Both on the court and off the court, she’s just fun to be around.” “My family is in Dodge; they were close enough to come to my games,” Ginther said. “Leaving gave me room to grow.” In her freshman year, Ginther doubled up in sports and played not only basketball but also softball. Ginther has also had a chance to demonstrate her leadership skills as president of the college’s Phi Theta Kappa honorary society. Her positive and encouraging attitude has always been an inspiration for others to get involved with service projects around the college campus and in the community of Liberal. “She’s a great multitasker,” said Debbie Stafford, counselor and Phi Theta Kappa sponsor, “I will really miss Liz, working with her has been a pleasant experience. We can work together and be serious, but we can also laugh together and have fun, too.” Ginther is a biology major with plans of going to Manhattan Christian College to play basketball, while working toward her teaching degree. Ginther is also a part of the college’s Campus Messengers for Christ and of Big Brothers Big Sisters. Along with the graduation cap and gown, Ginther will also be planning another gown. She is getting married to her sweetheart since the eighth-grade. “We’re getting married over this summer before he goes off to join the Marines,” Ginther said. Ginther is a model student athlete who excels in her academics and still finds quality time for sports, her friends, and her future plans. Her organizational skills have served her well in her time spent at Seward. Her friends have described her as a strong shoulder to lean on, someone who is always there for a hurting friend, and someone who is steady in her faith. “She’s a wonderful Christian girl,” said CMC sponsor Betty Glenn. Ginther’s personality and drive have set standards of excellence during her time at Seward

Liz Ginther carries on  a long  distance  relationship with her  fiance, who she will marry this summer. She also enjoys  talking with friends and teammates. Crusader photo/ Zach Carpenter
Liz Ginther carries on
a long
distance
relationship with her
fiance, who she will marry this summer. She also enjoys
talking with friends and teammates.
Crusader photo/
Zach Carpenter