Men’s Tennis continues to dominate

File+Photo

Men’s Tennis continues to dominate

File Photo

File Photo

Angel Meza

File Photo

Angel Meza

Angel Meza

File Photo

Amberley Taylor, Editor

The Seward County Saints Men’s Tennis team, who are 10-1 overall, begin conference play undefeated after beating the Barton Cougars 8-1 on Monday, March 5.

All Saints defeated their opponent 8-2 throughout the day. To begin, sophomore, Benji Finet and sophomore, Renato Santos dominated the Number two match. Freshman, Jaffe Infante and sophomore, Diego Freire won the number 3 spot. Sophomore, Duro Opacic and freshman, Tim Lamare ended doubles play with a win in the number one spot. The Saints went 3-0 overall in doubles play against the Cougars.

All Saints, with the exception of one, won their singles match. To begin singles play, Santos defeated a Barton Cougar in the number two spot, winning both matches by a score of 6-2. The next set played was the only loss throughout for the Saints tennis team. Sophomore, Sebastian Hernandez fell in both sets of the number six spot by a score of 3-6. Freire took the number three spot with scores of 6-2, 6-0, while Infante earned first in the number four spot with scores of 6-0, 6-1. The number one spot was won by freshman, Franck Soulerot with scores of 6-0 and 6-4. To finish off the day for the Saints, sophomore, Panos Vlachonikolos ended with a win in the number five spot with scores of 6-2 in both sets.

The Saints will play another home tennis match on Wednesday, March 7 against Southeastern Oklahoma State, starting at 1 p.m. at Bluebonnet Park