Serial killer returns for fourth season

“Dexter” is a TV series about a blood spatter analyst at Miami Metro Police Department named Dexter Morgan, played by Michael C. Hall, who takes justice into his own hands by murdering criminals who have slipped through the judicial system. Dexter Morgan leads what seems like a normal life complete with pregnant fiancee turned wife Rita, played by Julie Benz, and a big mouth sister Debra, played by Jennifer Carpenter, but behind his perfectly played life, Morgan battles what he calls his “Invisible Passenger.” As a child, Morgan was forced to watch the slaughter of his mother by drug lords and as a result, Morgan became a closet sociopath. His adoptive father and a former homicide detective Harry Morgan convinced Dexter that there is no changing the urges he feels to kill, so he must use what “he is” for the greater good. He slays by a code provided by Harry that states that he can only kill people who have taken another’s life. You can check out the premier of season four of “Dexter” Sunday at 11 p.m. on Showtime, although I highly recommend you watch the previous three seasons before hand to avoid confusion or assumptions. This show will have you second-guessing your thoughts on the death penalty.