Love to address graduates

Daniel L. Love, chief district judge for the 16th judicial district, Dodge City, will be the speaker for the 39th annual graduation at Seward County Community College/ Area Technical School, at 10 a.m., May 8 in the SCCC/ATS gymnasium. Love attended SCCC/ATS when it first opened in 1969. He was a presidential scholar and was a member of the Saints basketball team under coach Virgil Akins. Love was born in Dodge City and graduated from Montezuma High School. He received his bachelor’s degree in 1973 from Kansas State University and his law degree from Washburn University in 1976. He is former president of the Kansas County and District Attorneys Association, Kansas District Judges Executive Committees and the Ford-Gray County Bar Association. He is on the Board of Governors for the Kansas Bar Association. He received the Kansas Attorney General’s Crime Victim Service Award in 1999 and the Southwest Kansas Bar Association Distinguished Service Award in 2008. He served as Court of Appeals Judge for five sessions and on the Kansas Supreme Court for one session. He is a former president of Dodge City Rotary Club, on the board of directors for the Boot Hill Museum and Dodge City Public Library and a director for Dodge City Round-Up. Love hpdl pic