Alondra Trevizo

Alondra Trevizo, Club Reporter

Alondra Trevizo was born and raised in Liberal, Kansas. She is 18 years old. Her hobbies include; reading, writing, singing in the shower, and dancing terribly. Alondra is in English major who plans on transferring to the University of Kansas after she graduates SCCC. She loves to travel and has already crossed off Italy and Greece from her bucket list. She hopes her next adventure takes her to Spain. She also enjoys rainy days, chocolate, cookie dough ice cream and a good romantic comedy.

All content by Alondra Trevizo
On average, the paleteros of Liberal walks around 20 miles a day, regardless of rain,
snow, or shine.

Paletero trae clásicos del verano Mexicano a los barrios de Liberal

Alondra Trevizo, Reporter
September 21, 2018

LIBERAL, Kansas - Los tres dígitos del verano dejan a la mayoría de la gente queriendo una cosa: helado. En lugar de una gran camioneta de helados reproduciendo...

A paleteros hands are never far from the bells that call out to customers. Liberal has a long tradition with selling Mexican ice cream from a push cart, just like in Mexico.

Paletero brings Mexican summer classic to Liberal neighborhoods

Alondra Trevizo, Reporter
September 21, 2018

The triple-digits of summer leave most people wanting one thing — ice cream. Rather than a large ice cream truck playing a loop of catchy tunes, Liberal...

Jordan Pepper, sophomore pitcher, fires on in to the plate. The Saints played their way into the Region VI tournament by defeating Fort Scott in a best of three game series. (file photo)

Baseball advances to regionals

Alondra Trevizo, Club Reporter
May 7, 2018

Saints baseball solidified their spot at the Region VI tournament in Wichita this weekend. They blew past the Fort Scott Greyhounds with back-to-back wins...

[Video] SCCC prepares for 2018 Graduation

Alondra Trevizo, Club Reporter
May 4, 2018

Graduation is right around the corner. Caps and gowns are being picked up and graduation party planning is in full gear.The festivities will begin on Friday,...

Jamel Horton, freshman, attends the de-stress week event in the Student Union. Horton chose a pig to be his stuffed animal. “I named him Loso Mel Jr., after me, and I chose the pig because I thought he looked cooler than the other choices. Also, my stuffed animal is from Queens, NY, just like me,” Horton, said.

Photo Essay: Students participate in de-stress week

Alondra Trevizo, Club Reporter
April 27, 2018

De-stress week is wrapping up. For the past week students have been participating in activities put on by the Student Government Association (SGA). De-...

Freshman Alex Vasquez participates in the 2018 Phonathon by calling SCCC alumni and community members. Students from many different SCCC clubs and teams participated in the ninth annual Phonathon to raise money for scholarships. The event lasted two weeks.

Phonathon exceeds $30,000 goal

Alondra Trevizo, Reporter
April 23, 2018

The ninth annual Phonathon has come to an end. Seward County Community College students and faculty gathered to call alumni and previous donors to meet...

Rosa Strydom is the scenery designer for the SCCC Spring musical, “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown.” Strydom has been working on the scene as a part of work-study, but has spent countless hours of her own perfecting everything.

Rosa Strydom: The girl behind the set

Alondra Trevizo, Reporter
April 13, 2018

It’s opening night for the drama and music departments spring production: “You’re a good man, Charlie Brown.” Months of behind-the-scenes prep...

Taycee Ruiz, a sophomore and graphic art major, enjoys spending time with her “babies”. Ruiz’s “babies” include: three dogs, three cats, and a bearded dragon.

Ruiz designs new crusader logo

Alondra Trevizo, Club Reporter
April 4, 2018

Taycee Ruiz has a love of two things: Graphic design and animals. Ruiz designed the newest logo for the Seward County Community College student media team's...

Crusader News unveils a new masthead and social media icons. SCCC graphic design student Taycee Ruiz created the design. She made a t-shirt design such as this one, as well as the new header that youll find at the top of the website. Check out the new social media icons on our facebook, instagram and twitter pages.

Crusader Logo gets a Makeover

Alondra Trevizo, Club Reporter
April 3, 2018

The Crusader logo just got a makeover! The Crusader is a student run newspaper. Students produce all of the content and Crusader News wanted the logo to...

Concurrent student, Haley Yancey, instructor, Joshua C. Morris, and concurrent students,  Brooklynn Bauer, Adan Vera, Jalen Rosales, Felipe Darbyshire, and technician, Mereya Hughbanks help with the growing of all of the crops in the SCCC greenhouse.

Ag partners with cafeteria for higher quality vegetables

Alondra Trevizo, Club Reporter
March 28, 2018

The farm to table approach has just made its way to Seward County Community College. The SCCC Agriculture department has started producing the vegetables...

Hawkins presents “Lawbreakers for the Common Good”

Alondra Trevizo, Reporter
March 22, 2018

Anne Hawkins tapped walls and examined floorboards in the 19th century limestone Kansas farmhouse she grew up in. As a young girl, the native Kansan hoped...

Freshman, Benancio Fernandez, plans on spending two years at SCCC to get his basics done before transferring to a 4-year university.

[Photo] Benancio Fernandez

Alondra Trevizo, Reporter
March 19, 2018

SCCC goes on spring break

SCCC goes on spring break

Alondra Trevizo, Reporter
March 9, 2018

Women’s Tennis dominates Lions

Alondra Trevizo, Reporter
March 5, 2018

The women’s tennis team traveled to Midlothian, Texas and won against North Central Texas College. The final score was 8-1. With that win under their...

Sophomore, Steffany Bermudez playing a singles round. She lead the Saints to a first place finish in the singles category.

Women’s Tennis wreck the Cougars

Alondra Trevizo, Reporter
March 2, 2018

The Women’s tennis team traveled to Plano, Texas this Thursday. They beat the Collin Cougars by a whopping 9-0. With this game under their belt they...

Sophomore Education major, Kemberly Zamora, prepares an outline for an analogy essay.

Kemberly Zamora

Alondra Trevizo, Reporter
February 22, 2018

Why did you choose education as your major? "I love children and I want to make a difference in the educational system." What are your life dreams? "I...

Freshman, Jesse Navarrete, plans to transfer to Kansas State University to pursue a degree in architectural engineering.

[Photo] Jesse Navarrete

Amberley Taylor, Editor
February 28, 2018

Mad Chad attempts to get on a unicycle with the help of two SCCC students from the crowd. When Chad was balanced on the unicycle, he was given two swords and an apple. He encouraged the audience to shout, “Eat it!” and each time they did, he would take a bite of the apple in the middle of juggling the swords and apple.

Mad Chad performs mad, crazy show at SCCC

Alondra Trevizo, Club Reporter
January 26, 2018

As I made my way to the Seward County Community College theater on Thursday evening to watch Mad Chad Taylor’s show, all I could think was “I hope...

The Twelve Days of Finals

Alondra Trevizo, Reporter
December 11, 2017

It's finals week and time for stress levels to reach an all-time high. The Crusader News staff came up with this ode to finals that shows how students...

SCCC students were asked if they enjoyed Christmas or Thanksgiving more through a survey.

SCCC students anxiously await Christmas

Alondra Trevizo, Reporter
November 14, 2017

As November hits, Seward County Community College students prepare for the upcoming holidays. While some are more than willing to put their christmas tree...

Students reveal what unusual things they have in their backpacks.

Backpack necessities and mishaps

Alondra Trevizo, Reporter
November 9, 2017

Backpacks are a sacred place where important textbooks and homework are placed, but some students at Seward County Community College have some unusual...

Other than candy bars and different snacks, they also supply homemade foods. The cookies are handmade and are prepared out of 3 lb of chocolate.

Louie’s Place is a work in progress

Angelica Alfaro and Alondra Trevizo
November 2, 2017

Need a quick snack? Head on over to Louie’s Place. There are several snacks to choose from chips to pizza. Need a boost? Louie’s Place has you covered...

The SCCC cheer squad had a game where the kids had a chance to toss a hula hoop on SCCC mascot, Louie. After attempting to toss the hula hoop, they also had the opportunity to snap a picture with Louie.

Trick or Treat Street: a Spooky good time

Alondra Trevizo, Reporter
November 1, 2017

Monster Mash echoed through the room, as the yellow lights were dimmed and was replaced with glow sticks and neon lights. Outside of the student union,...

Alondra Trevizo tries out the squiggly eyebrow trend. Squiggly eyebrows are one of the latest makeup trends happening in the beauty world.

Squiggly eyebrows leave SCCC unimpressed

Alondra Trevizo, Editor
October 26, 2017

Makeup trends are always changing and the latest fad has Seward County Community College students scratching their heads, grabbing their eyebrow pencils...

A student lounge area is being renovated at the tech building. It will be named Louies Place and have food, drinks and places to study.

Louie’s Place comes to SCCC

Alondra Trevizo, Reporter
October 13, 2017

The need to rush home and get food before class will no longer be an issue! Louie’s Place, a food and convenience store will open its doors to Seward...

Isabella Russell receives help from her tutor, Jose Cardenas, on trigonometry homework. “It’s a really good class. I really enjoy having Heather [Hannah] as a teacher but I just struggle learning trigonometry,” said Russell.

Midterms hit SCCC

Alondra Trevizo, Reporter
October 6, 2017

Notes are looked over, the sound of highlighters smeared on flashcards echo throughout the crowded library full of anxious students. Tensions appear to...

SCCC students rush to eat the pickle jalapenos in the contest. The contestants were able to remove the stems before the contest started to make the jalapenos easier to eat.

Students feel the heat

With shaking hands and watering eyes, Jose Alvarado took the table to defend his title as the quickest jalapeno eater at the Seward County Community College...

SCCC Library Book Group, is an online book club where readers can discuss readings together.

Library to start online book club

Alondra Trevizo, Reporter
September 25, 2017

The Seward County Community College library is starting an online book club via the “SCCC Library Book Group” Facebook page for students or staff that...

Freddy’s opens, chaos ensues

Freddy’s opens, chaos ensues

Alondra Trevizo, Reporter
September 20, 2017

Cars circled out onto the streets of Liberal as the doors to Freddy’s opened for the first time on Sept. 17. When I arrived at the restaurant, the...

$10 budget meal

$10 budget meal

Finding a good and affordable restaurant to eat at isn’t always easy. Yes, there are several fast food restaurants with dollar menus, but having cheeseburgers...

Ruby Soto

Ruby Soto

Alondra Trevizo, Reporter
September 6, 2017

What are you looking forward to this school year? “I’m looking forward to graduating this coming spring.” Why did you come to SCCC? "I chose...

Cant Get Enough of Netflix?

Can’t Get Enough of Netflix?

Alondra Trevizo, Reporter
August 31, 2017

Binge watching a Netflix tv series has become everyone's favorite activity and Seward County Community College students are no exception. Netflix offers...

Comments (0)

Thanks for leaving a comment. Remember to keep it clean. Anonymous comments will not be posted.
All Crusader News Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest
Alondra Trevizo